Thursday, September 25, 2008

McCain suspending the debates

So I heard this morning that John McCain wanted to suspend Friday nights debates to deal with the economic crisis in Washington. I wanted to start a new post seeing what other people thought about this. I think that this is a bad move on McCain's part. I watched a video where Obama responded to this and he made a very good point when he said- "with only 40 days left for the American people to decide who will be responsible for leading our economic future -- it is more important than ever that the scheduled debate takes place." I agree with this, I think that the America people need to hear from our candidates now more than ever, so that they will know what the future holds for the economy of the country. I also agreed with Obama when he said, whoever wins the election and becomes President is going to have more than one serious issue going on a time and he needs to be able to handle it all.
I'm sure we will talk about this in class, but what does everyone else think??
Joanna

1 comment:

KevinSanchez said...

I agree. I feel that the debates need to happen, so we can understand the future of our economic future, in regards to what the candidates have to say. I feel that McCain is using this economic crisis as a stall, to better prepare for the debates. I also feel that he is doing this, to give time for Palin to prepare for her debates. I feel that we need to hear what these candidates now, and not later, about were they stand on not just the economic future, but this Nations future.