Thursday, December 4, 2008

Still compaining

Today, December 4th makes it officially a month since election day but I still hear so many people complaining about Obama as president elect. Compared to the Bush/Gore election in 2004, this was clearly not a close victory. I'm so tired of hearing people still complaining and not respecting Obama as president. The other day I was visiting with extended family and the whole time my parents and family were talking about the election remarking on how they think that Obama just won because he's an effective speaker and won over the younger population. When they asked me who I voted for, I told them Obama. Then they were just like its because shes young. I was so insulted that people are so close-minded and think that we are not informed of issues. This is just one of the many times throughout the past couple of weeks where I still hear people making comments that Obama won because he's black or because he moved people through his speaking. If McCain were elected I would have dealt with it and learned to respect him as president, but I am so tired of people being so close-minded about him and regurgitating the same information about why they don't like him.

No comments: